Bloggo back to the blog
Community Spotlight Presents Kees Blokland-->
The Community Spotlight is a feature on the EuroSTAR Blog which brings to focus those who matter in software testing industry in Europe – you, the members of the EuroSTAR Community!
We want to give you the chance to get to know more about your peers throughout Europe and share your own experiences, career highlights and some fun facts with the testing community by taking our Community Spotlight interview.
This Community Spotlight features Kees Blokland recently produced a webinar on ‘Going Cloudy? How to test SaaS?’ at the EuroSTAROnline Software Testing Summit.
2.Where are you from?
3.Where do you work?
Polteq Test Services BV, since 2003
4. Can you tell us how you got involved in testing?
I started my career with a masters degree in electrical engineering at a predecessor of Lucent Technologies. My job included circuit design and hardware integration and after some years my focus shifted more and more towards system testing (embedded as well as client/server software). Since I work for Polteq I am fully dedicated to software testing.
5. How many times have you been to EuroSTAR?
I think seven times.
6. What’s your favourite hobby?
My family, going on holidays with our camper, various technical stuff and outdoor sports like running and cycling.
7. What would you have been if you weren’t involved in testing?
8. Have you any advice to give to a young tester or someone just starting their testing career?
Become better than we (older testers) are.
10. If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you like to have with you?
A boat? …. Sorry, I don’t know.
11. What is your favourite motivational quote?
I am not so good at quotes, but what drives me is doing things I get energy from (as much as possible anyway) and recognize and take opportunities when they pass by.
12. What has been your biggest software testing challenge so far?
Running a large test process assessment project with over 20 involved assessors at a Dutch government agency.
Connect with Kees