Speak on the EuroSTAR Stage
What is a Real Customer Case Study?
Real experiences and examples of how companies overcome testing challenges are always popular at the EuroSTAR Software Testing Conference. Testing stories are what we learn from. Each year, EuroSTAR dedicate part of the conference programme to presenting customer case studies that benefit the delegates.
As with the entire EuroSTAR programme of talks and learning sessions, these Real Customer Case Studies must offer value to our audience of software testers and quality assurance professionals. We all love problem solving ideas and to have an actual customer share how your tool helped their company, is a great opportunity.
This speaker opportunity is available to confirmed 2019 Expo partners and proposed talks will follow the same format as all speakers. Each company submits the very best quality talk for review by the EuroSTAR programme committee
The standard is very high and whilst only one official programme session is available, we will feature all of the best quality customer-focused case studies on our Huddle Community platform and share in newsletters so your customer is showcased to the entire EuroSTAR Community.
Remember! We are seeking honest and compelling customer stories that demonstrate how your company helped your customer overcome a significant commercial challenge, as told by them!
How Do I Enter?
Real Customer Case Study applications are currently open and will close on 31st May. If you are interested in submitting, please contact [email protected]
This opportunity is open to 2019 EuroSTAR Sponsors & Exhibitors. The winning testing story will see your company listed on the EuroSTAR programme, promoted via social media and newsletters as a track session as well as featured on the Huddle Community platform, subject to scores received from the judging panel.
What to Submit
The case study should detail the challenge your customer faced, your company’s approach to solving the problem and the outcome.
- Be specific: Address one main customer pain point – don’t try to cover too much in one case study.
- Be descriptive: Use a title that addresses the solution not a generic title like “EuroSTAR Case Study”.
- Be transparent: Include real metrics and share what the status of the challenge is today.
- Be truthful: Share all the roadblocks you encountered along the way.
- Be collaborative: The case study requires your customer’s permission and active participation – make sure you have commitment on both before submitting.
- Be real: The case study is not a tender, please stick to explaining the story of your experience.
- Avoid unnecessary details: Don’t overdo explanations of procedures, policies or frameworks used. If necessary, to include please include as an Appendix.
EuroSTAR were delighted to announce Xpand-it as the winners of Real Customer Case Study in 2018 with their test management tool, XRAY. This tool changed the dynamics of their customer, Swiss Federal Railways (SFB). With more than 100,000 test cases, XRAY offered the ability, not just to organize tests in a flat way for those teams who would like a more agile like approach, but also to organize them in the Test Repository with tree-like organization at the project level.
The Programme Committee will review each case study and assess it subject to the criteria listed below. The committee will choose the winning case study who will go on to present this at EuroSTAR 2019 with their customer.
Criteria (not in order of importance):
- The importance of the problem and its relationship to software testing
- The accuracy of the detail and the factual content within the entry
- The decisions and evaluations made
- Presentation of the case (i.e. organisation of case, clarity, sufficiency of data, language, structure, accuracy)
- The absence of bias
- Clear learnings
The decision of the programme committee is final. This competition is open to confirmed sponsors and exhibitors of EuroSTAR 2019 signed up before May 31st . The closing date for receipt of applications is midnight on June 14th. Winners will be announced on August 31st. Please note that customers must participate in the presentation of the case study at EuroSTAR in Prague 13th November at 11:30 – 12:15 am. The speaker will receive a conference ticket for Wednesday 13th November.
Any questions please contact [email protected]
Interested in Partnering with EuroSTAR?
Not currently an exhibitor but would like to see your company feature prominently in front of over 1,000 engaged testing professionals? Please contact [email protected] for details on EuroSTAR sponsorship and partnership opportunities – Europe’s largest texting expo. You can also check out our Expo Packages here.