Bloggo back to the blog
Mobile Webinar Series Starts Next Week!-->
Join us next week for the Mobile Webinar Series where you can attend three live mobile testing webinars from industry leaders.
Continuous Quality As a Key for A 5 Star Mobile Apps Delivery
with Eran Kinsbruner (Perfecto Mobile, Israel)
The global shift to mobile applications as the primary means of accessing the internet is undeniable and has caused enterprises to quickly develop mobile channels for their new and
existing business applications. With the many other challenges this trend has presented, it was time for enterprises to lasso the wild west of mobile application development and find a way to increase the velocity of their mobile app releases to keep pace with these ever changing mobile market dynamics all without compromising quality.
And, with every passing iOS upgrade and Android feature, comes greater end-user expectations around mobile apps’ performance and usability. As a result a new industry standard was born – Continuous Quality – where mobile app development times are reduced from once or twice a year to once or twice an hour to address the real-time nature of monitoring and maintaining an app’s quality performance.
As Developers and Dev/Test teams evaluate the wide range of test automation frameworks and tools available, they will realize there is no white horse around to save their damsel in distress. So, it’s important that they look for an environment
that has the following capabilities to achieve a Continuous Quality process:
• Real end user environment
• Enterprise security
• Open and Integrated platform – so they can easily leverage existing tools and frameworks
• Global and collaborative lab
• An Hybrid Cloud deployment model (Private cloud, Public, Local – USB)
• Elastic for capacity on demand
• How to include testing in every sprint and bake Performance and network conditions into their test code
• How to efficiently automate their tests across platforms in a cross-platform test code
• How to move beyond automating test code into automating the entire CI process
• How to leverage post production monitoring of your mobile apps for continuous quality
The Mobile Tester – Your Place In The Team
with Stephen Janaway (Net-A-Porter , United Kingdom)
Being a tester on a mobile team is not easy. As well as a multitude of devices and OS versions to test, you find yourself being a part of extremely fast paced projects, where the need to ship an application is often seen as most important. Frequently you are the only tester in the team. In this webinar, Stephen Janaway will explain some strategies to help you adapt and excel in the challenging world of mobile development.
- Why mobile development is different
- The testers place in a mobile team
- How you can adapt and excel
Mobile App Test Attacks to Efficiently Explore Software
with Jon Hagar (Grand Software Testing , USA)
In the tradition of James Whittaker’s book series How to Break … Software, Jon Hagar applies the testing “attack” concept to the domain of mobile app software. Jon defines the sub-domain of mobile software and examines industry product failure caused by defects in that software. Next, Jon summarizes a set of attacks against mobile software based on these common modes of failure that testers can direct against their own app software to quickly find bugs. Specific attack methods identified include developer based cases, computation and control structures for batteries and sensor hubs, hardware-software interfaces, and communications. This session is based on the book: “Software Test Attacks to Break Mobile and Embedded Devices” CRC press, 2013
- Breaking Mobile App Software to find bugs
- Embedded risk-based exploratory testing concepts
- Attack based testing specific to mobile devices
Need More on Mobile Testing?
[WEBINAR] TOP MOBILE SECURITY TESTING TECHNIQUES
[WEBINAR] THE CURRENT STATE OF MOBILE TESTING
[BLOG] HOW TO FILE MOBILE BUGS