Bloggo back to the blog
Test Studio for iOS is Out of Beta! Download It from the App Store.-->
There were a lot of questions from users what would be the price of Test Studio for iOS when it drops the Beta tag. Well, get excited: it will be distributed for FREE! Better yet, our product team worked really hard to simplify the download/deployment process for you so that you can start testing your mobile apps right away – Test Studio for iOS is now available for download from the Apple’s App Store directly to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device.
For those of you who are not familiar with Telerik’s mobile testing solution for iOS apps, here’s a quick outline:
It’s a mobile testing tool that enables users to record and playback automated tests of native, web and hybrid apps. Some of the major highlights of the solution are:
• No need to jailbreak, unlock or modify mobile devices. Out-of-the-box support for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (iOS 4.0+)
• Ability to test native, Web and hybrid apps.
• Object-based recording – All recorded test steps are based on Element Locaters ensuring that the correct element is targeted when tests playback.
• Ad-hoc testing – Enables beta testers or app owners to manually walk through an application, record feedback about the UI or bugs, and send comments and screenshots directly to client’s email or the outsourced app dev team.
• Maintainable tests – Update tests without having to re-record everything. Edit values for existing recorded steps and continue recording from a specific point in the test.
• Support for offline authoring and execution. Test Studio for iOS is fully functional on any of the supported devices developers deploy it on-iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (iOS 4.0+). Developers can choose to never leave their device and can work without having to go back and forth.
The official release of Test Studio for iOS also makes it easier for users to get started with this tool:
Step 1: Download Test Studio for iOS from the App Store to your mobile device. The app features mobile web testing capabilities only.
Step 2: If you’d like to test native and/or hybrid mobile apps, download the Test Studio for iOS extension from the Telerik website to a Mac computer.
We are also organizing a special webinar dedicated to Test Studio for iOS official launch. Reserve your seat here.
As usual, we eagerly await your feedback so that we can make this tool even better! Download, try and share your opinion on our Test Studio for iOS portal!