What you will learn
- Our development processes are a trove of data that can be very valuable to us as testers. Many teams don't use it, since they don't know how. But there are low hanging fruits (like investigating clusters of bugs fixed in the past) that are quick wins
- Test intelligence analyses apply to manual tests as much as to automated tests. For manual tests, selecting the right ones to find new bugs, and ordering them in such a way to find new bugs quickly, is even more useful than for automated tests
- Test intelligence analyses offer a whole box of tools. Often several ones for the same task (e.g. selecting the tests that find new bugs quickly). Some are cheaper, some are more expensive to apply, and offer better results. All have their place in practice
- 1 Hour
- Includes 20mins Discussion
- Experience, exploration & experimentation
Check out this video from Elmar Juergens to hear more about his talk, ‘Test Intelligence: How to Find More Bugs in Less Time‘.
We look forward to welcoming you to EuroSTAR 2024.
Founder – CQSE, Germany
Elmar works both as a researcher and a founder. Elmar wrote his PhD thesis on static code analysis and is still active as a researcher in software quality analysis. In 2009, he co-founded CQSE GmbH, and since then helps teams in using analysis tools more effectively. Elmar frequently talks at research conferences (e.g. ICSE, ICPC) and industry events (e.g. GTD, OOP, JAX). He was elected best speaker at Clean Code Days, Software Quality Days and Java Forum Stuttgart. Elmar was named Junior Fellow of the GI in 2015.
Stay in the Loop
We want to ensure you never miss important announcements, updates and special offers from EuroSTAR.