The 2023 EuroSTAR Testing Excellence Award is open for nominations!
Take a moment to consider who you would like to see recognized for their outstanding dedication and contributions to the world of software testing. It might be your colleague, your mentor, team-leader, or an author whose knowledge sharing has helped you in your career.
The Testing Excellence Award is the highest honour awarded by our community each year. It highlights outstanding achievements by the exceptional people in our community: those who help us achieve more, be more, and aim for more by continuously striving for excellence in their work.
Who can nominate?
Anyone can make a nomination for the EuroSTAR Testing Excellence Award, but you will need input from others in the community to demonstrate your nominee’s contributions to the overall software testing community.
Who to nominate?
Think of your colleagues, friends, managers or mentors. Who through their passion, learning and willingness to share, significantly helps to move our industry and community forward?
They are usually driving innovation, research ways of advancing testing as a craft (and openly share their research!), and/or perhaps they are eternally supportive of others in the industry and help others grow.
They may have:
- Increased public awareness of the importance of software quality & testing
- Contributed to the improvement of software development and testing processes
- Advanced the publication of research findings in the field of software quality and testing
- Or it’s likely they will have promoted a love of further education and lifelong learning in software quality and testing
What to include?
- About the Nominee – who they are, what they do, some biographical info
- Highlights of Contributions to the wider Testing Community
- Why they deserve this Award
- Testimonials from members of the Community
- If they have LinkedIn recommendations, you can also add these
Celebrating testing legends
The existing winners of the EuroSTAR Testing Excellence Award are some of the most influential members of the global testing community, from AnneMarie Charrett to Martin Pol. Each winner has made a difference to our community.
Every year, we present the winner with a pdf of their nomination as a keepsake so the more you can include, the more they’ll see how much they are appreciated within the community. Here are some of the lovely testimonials given to Award winners in the past:
- “a well-known expert who is recognized as a renowned thought leader in global Software Testing Community.”
- “part of the role of a tester is to make people think – think about how something could be tested, think about the risks they may face, think about how to communicate that information and this year’s winner must he thanked for their continued efforts in making thinkers out of all of us.”
- “has always been a supportive and challenging friend in testing. I know that I am far from alone in being able to say that she has helped many testers around the world to become better.”
- “Nobody knows more practical things about testing, test management, test strategy – all things testing, than her”.
- “There are many, many people in the testing community whom I respect and from whom I can learn. However, there are only a handful I regard as truly guiding influences.”
When to submit
Entries must be submitted by 21st May, so start your nomination today. If you have any questions at all, please get in touch.