The countdown is on to #EuroSTARConf 2022!
We’re pleased to welcome you all as part of our 30th EuroSTAR conference. If you are a first-time speaker, a very special welcome to you! We look forward to bringing you together in-person in the Bella Center, Copenhagen. If you have any queries throughout the year, you can contact me at any time via email.
The following is a checklist and some guidelines to help you (and us) prepare for the conference. As it is online, there are some added tips to help you give your best talk. Here is a summary of actions to take over the coming months.
1. Conference Registration – by 28th Feb
As a EuroSTAR speaker you receive a ticket to this year’s conference. We require all speakers to register via our website & select their preferred tutorials.
- Please go to the tickets page
- Select your preferred ticket & complete your details
- Remember to add the Gala Awards Dinner if you wish to attend
- Apply discount code ESSPEAKER
- Opt to pay by invoice as there is no charge
- Deadline 28th February
2. Prepare your Presentation – by 9th May
Our AV company has requested that all presentations are formatted in 16:9 widescreen and preferably in PowerPoint so it will display correctly during your talk.
- Please save your file with your name and official title from the programme – this helps us locate the correct file!
- Use fonts that can be read relatively easily on a presentation screen – think of people on a variety of devices!
- You may include your own company logo on the inside but please limit to one or two slides.
- Please do not use running footers or headers in your presentation. This is a requirement. If the slides are not in the correct format, we edit them. Please save us the time.
- Don’t use too many slides – track sessions are required to have 30 min presentation and 15 min Q&A / Discussion – approx. 10-15 presentation slides max. Keynote talks will be a 45 min presentation & 15 min Q&A / Discussion.
- Time your presentation in advance & leave time for questions. Sometimes the best session scores are because of the lively Q&A facilitated by the speaker.
- If you are nervous about Q&A – prepare some questions in advance and ask your track chair to start the questions with one of these.
- Practice in advance – Time yourself and ensure you are speaking for max. 30 minutes if a track session and 45 minutes if a keynote talk.
- Please use the first and last slides of the EuroSTAR PowerPoint presentation slides that have been provided. Please do not change the front slide. Add your contact details to the last “Thank You” slide.
- Ask for help – each speaker has a designated Committee member who are happy to help you with your talk. We have sent your committee contact with your social media graphic.
PRESENTATION DEADLINE: Please use the EuroSTAR template provided & upload your presentation to the EuroSTAR Dropbox by Monday 9th May.
This gives time for the presentations to be reviewed by the committee before the conference.
3. Submit for Best Paper Award – by 15th May
The EuroSTAR Best Paper Award is open to all speakers. The winner is announced as part of the EuroSTAR Software Testing Awards and receives the recognition of this prestigious award from the entire community. The winning paper is also released as an eBook on EuroSTAR Huddle and shared with the wider testing community.
- Submit your paper to [email protected] in Word format
- Use ‘Best Paper Submission 2022‘ in the subject line
- Include a title, full contact info (including phone number)
- Add a short abstract (70 – 80 words)
- References and footnotes should be included at the end of the paper.
Need some inspiration? Here are a few links to previous winners of the Best Paper Award:
- 2021 (Adonis Celestine) – Continuous Quality – The Secret of the Pharoahs
- 2020 (Gitte Ottosen) – Testing in the Scaled Agile Framework
- 2019 (Anders Dinsen) – The Deep Rationality of Software Testing
- 2018 (James Christie) – Facing the Dragons. Dealing with Complex Unknowable Systems
BEST PAPER DEADLINE: Best Paper Deadlines must be submitted by Friday 15th May.
4. Spread the word – share your talk link
You have received an email from me with your personalised graphic contact. It would help spread the word on your talk if you could share these on your own channels. Perhaps your company might consider posting a blog announcing your speaker slot? – we’d be happy to share this so please do get in touch or tag us in social media.
5. Have you submitted a short preview video?
Preview videos help attendees decide which talk they’d like to attend. It helps us to promote your talk and here are a few tips:
- Use Zoom, Teams, your smartphone (horizontal) or ask someone to record you
- Keep it less than 1 minute – attention spans are getting shorter!
- Please record it in landscape (horizontal) format
- Introduce yourself – who you are & company name
- What are the top 3-5 reasons a delegate should attend your talk
- Make it as fun or quirky as you like
- If you would prefer us to record you, we can hop on a Zoom call any time!
VIDEO DEADLINE: Please upload your video to our Dropbox as soon as possible. The earlier we have it, the more we can promote you! Thanks to those that have submitted already.
Thanks for reading!
We are here to help so if you need anything please contact me.