The countdown is on to EuroSTAR 2024!
We are looking forward to being back in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden and seeing you all on the EuroSTAR stage. A special welcome to our first-time speakers! Whether you are an experienced or novice speaker, please do contact me if you have any questions or need more information.
Please see Dates for your Diary below. This is to help you (and us) prepare for the conference.
1. Conference Registration ~ by 31st Jan
As a EuroSTAR speaker you receive a ticket to this year’s conference. We require all speakers to register via our website & select their preferred tutorials.
- Please go to the tickets page
- Select your preferred ticket & complete your details
- All 4 day tickets include the City of Stockholm Evening – please remove if you are not attending
- Apply discount code ESSPEAKER to your cart
- Proceed to Billing – your balance will be zero
- Deadline 31st January 2024
You are invited to a speaker evening on Tuesday 11th June – we’ll be in touch with details closer to the conference.
2. Prepare your Presentation ~ by 19th May
Presentations should be formatted in 16:9 widescreen and preferably in PowerPoint so it will display correctly during your talk.
The venue uses Windows laptops. Please bring any adpators/hdmi connections needed if planning on using your own laptop.
- Please use the first and last slides of the EuroSTAR PowerPoint presentation slides that will sent to you separately. Do not change the front slide. You may add your contact details to the last “Thank You” slide.
- Save your file with your name and official title from the programme – this helps us locate the correct file!
- Use fonts that can be read relatively easily on a presentation screen.
- You may include your own company logo on the presentation but please limit to one or two slides.
- Do not use running headers/footers in your presentation. If the slides are not in the correct format, we edit them. Please save us the time.
- Don’t use too many slides – track sessions run for 40 min talk and 20 min Q&A / Discussion (approx. 20-25 slides). Keynote talks will be a 45 min talk & 15 min Q&A / Discussion.
- Time your presentation & practice in advance to leave time for questions. Sometimes the best session scores are because of the lively Q&A.
- Each talk will be allocated a ‘track chair’ to introduce you and facilitate your Q&A. If you are nervous about Q&A – prepare some questions in advance and ask your track chair to start the questions with one of these.
- Ask for help – each speaker has a designated Committee member who is happy to help you with your talk. Your committee contact is included in your checklist email.
PRESENTATION DEADLINE: Please use the EuroSTAR presentation template (will be sent to you separately) & upload your presentation to the EuroSTAR Dropbox by Sunday 19th May.
The presentations are reviewed by the committee from 20th May to ensure the content is as per your original abstract and as promoted on the programme.
3. Changes to Slides
Please note that the slides are uploaded to the conference app and forwarded to the venue 1 week before the conference. To avoid duplication and errors, please ensure any updated slides are uploaded to our Dropbox by 31st May.
4. Entries for Best Paper Award ~ by 19th May
The EuroSTAR Best Paper Award is open to all speakers. The winner is announced as part of the EuroSTAR Software Testing Awards and receives the recognition of this prestigious award from the entire community. The winning paper is also released as an eBook on EuroSTAR Huddle and shared with the wider testing community.
- Submit your paper to Siobhán in Word format
- Use ‘Best Paper Submission 2024‘ in the subject line
- The Paper should include:
- Title – your talk title
- Your Name
- Table of Contents
- Page numbers
- Clearly separate chapters
- Introduction – set the scene
- Middle – your main body of work
- Any images or links that further demonstrate your points
- Credit sources where applicable
- Length – 15-20 pages max.
Need some inspiration? Here are a few links to previous winners of the Best Paper Award:
- 2023 (Lina Zubyte) How Minimalism Helps Build High-Quality Products & Teams
- 2022 (Lalitkumar Bhamare) – Quality Conscious Software Delivery
- 2021 (Adonis Celestine) – Continuous Quality – The Secret of the Pharoahs
- 2020 (Gitte Ottosen) – Testing in the Scaled Agile Framework
4. Spread the word ~ share your talk link
It helps to spread the word on your talk – please share your link on your channels. Perhaps your company might consider posting a blog announcing your speaker slot? – we’d be happy to share this so please do get in touch or tag us in social media.
5. Have you submitted a short preview video?
Preview videos help attendees decide which talk they’d like to attend. It helps us to promote your talk and here are a few tips:
- Use Zoom, Teams, your smartphone (horizontal) or ask someone to record you
- Keep it less than 1 minute – attention spans are short!
- Please record it in landscape (horizontal) format
- Introduce yourself – who you are & your company name
- What are the top 3-5 reasons a delegate should attend your talk
- Make it as fun or quirky as you like
- If you would prefer us to record you, we can hop on a Zoom call any time
VIDEO DEADLINE: Please upload your video to our Dropbox as soon as possible. The earlier we have it, the more we can promote you! Thanks to those that have submitted already.
Thanks for reading!
We are here to help so if you need anything please contact me.