Love Software Testing? Want Your Idea To Be Recognized in the Software Testing World? Then This Initiative is For You!
The Rising STAR Award will stimulate innovation in the software testing industry with an aspirational award to encourage people to develop their ideas. The winner will be announced on Wednesday November 14th at the EuroSTAR Awards Night! Their story will be publicly shared and the end result will be presented at EuroSTAR 2019.
The winner of the award will receive:
- A fund donation of €50 from each of “The Supporters”
- Half a day of mentorship from each of “The Supporters”
- The award will be presented at the EuroSTAR gala dinner and the winner will get ongoing access to the wider EuroSTAR testing community via “The Huddle”.
- A conference ticket (with social events) for 2018, EuroSTAR will also cover flights & accommodation.
- A platform (as a speaker) at the following EuroSTAR to show off your work
Shortlisted applicants will have their ideas and projects publicised on The Huddle (our online software testing community) in the months before the conference.
“The Supporters” are an invited group. Invitations are extended to anyone who has delivered a keynote, a tutorial or a TestLab at EuroSTAR in the last decade, all EuroSTAR programme committees in the last decade, all EuroSTAR “Testing Excellence” award winners, and a few others.
Those who choose to be part of the group commit to give the award winner €50 and half a day of their time. The Supporters will select the shortlist and winner with a secret ballot. There will be a public list of “The Supporters” for each year.
How To Enter:
Entrants need to show that their idea is valuable to software makers, and relevant to software testers. We expect to hear how your idea has been used, and how you expect to develop it further.
To enter, please fill in the form below with a brief introduction to who you are and to your idea. “The Supporters” will then vote on the applications.
The closing date for receipt of applications is August 31st 2018.