EuroSTAR 2023 is just a few weeks away, and we’re gearing up for an incredible 4 days of learning, community, and connections. Get your conference ticket now for an all-access pass to an inclusive, friendly, and memorable experience at Europe’s best software testing event. Think career-defining learnings, building new skills, having chats with a community of testers similar to you, and helping others to learn and grow.
EuroSTAR is bringing together the world’s leading experts in software testing – 66 of them, in fact. They are coming to Antwerp Zoo armed with ideas, insights, innovation, experience and their passion, to share it all with you.
With 65+ sessions all about software testing, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to attending talks. We’ve got inspiring keynotes, in-depth tutorials and interactive track talks. The EuroSTAR tracks talks is your chance to get insights and ask questions at the 15 minute Q&A.
Want a little taster of what to expect? Here are just 20 things you will learn at this year’s track sessions.
- See why tools are just helpers, not the main actors in our work – and how minimilism builds high quality products.
- Get a practical introduction on how you can introduce several different techniques to visualize and clarify workflows and user needs in a practical and easy, documented manner.
- Learn how you can automate some of the 10 Usability Heuristics, and how a tool could support testers to do manual UX testing.
- Enhance your critical thinking skills and find ‘true knowledge’”’ about software based on the principles of Nyaya Shashtra.
- See how browser automation works behind the scenes, and get to know the WebDriver BiDi project and its current progress.
- Find out what a personal knowledge management system is, and why it’s essential for any career in the tech industry.
- Learn why you need to start with ‘why’ for quality standards awareness and improvements.
- Get a 10-step recipe in exploratory unit testing of a program created using computer-assisted software authorship.
- Use the Quality Delta concept to avoid doing unneeded work and map out the right questions to ask.
- Success stings if it comes at the expense of the hive – see why working well together requires dismantling competitive and hierarchical structures
- Change is both constant and unpredictable – learn how to adapt to change by creating a learning culture.
- Make yourself future proof and learn 4 key skills needed in the 21st century.
- Revisit how you work, communicate, test and build software in a remote first working world.
- Avoid unnecessary release disasters by recognising symptoms and taking appropriate action.
- Learn how to delegate meaningful tasks, how to communicate with trust and empowerment, and how to make sure you’re not micromanaging.
- Rock on! See what it takes to be a rounded rock star tester, and what skills to target to enhance your career.
- Learn about test gap analysis, a novel approach that combines static and dynamic analyses to discover untested changes.
- Take important steps to improve the health of your team, and create an environment where you can serve both internal and external customers effectively.
- See what it takes to make the transition from Senior Tester, Test Lead, or Tester, into a fully-fledged Test Manager Role.
- Learn the ten commandments of automation, and ways to start driving automation to more collaborative action.
Whatever your testing goals and challenges, get the answers you’re looking for, along with lots of new perspectives, at EuroSTAR.