The 2024 EuroSTAR Software Testing Conference is going to Stockholm, Sweden.
If you’ve ever wanted to speak at EuroSTAR and share your story on Europe’s largest stage, the Call for Speakers is open until 17th September.
Now is the time to start thinking about what you’d like to share. What experiences will help others in the room. Perhaps it’s something that didn’t work at first but then you found a solution. It might be technical, or it might core skills.
EuroSTAR 2024 Programme Chair, Michael Bolton, is inviting you to explore the theme, ‘What Are We Doing Here?’ – it’s a wide-open question, with lots of possible interpretations and related questions.
We’ll share more on these later but for now, there will be three main types of talks:
- Keynote – 60mins (45mins talk + 15mins Q&A)
- Tutorials/Workshops – Full-day 7 hours OR Half-day 3.5 hours incl breaks
- Track Talks – 60mins (40mins talk + 20mins valuable discussion)
Calling all testing enthusiasts and software quality advocates – whether you’re a veteran, or new to testing – to share your expertise, successes (and failures) with your peers; and spark new learnings, lively discussions, and lots of inspiration.
Think about what engages you in your work, engrosses you in testing, challenges you’ve faced, or new ideas you’ve sparked? Get in front of a global audience, raise your profile, and get involved with a friendly community of testers.
Here’s everything you need to know about taking the first step on to the EuroSTAR stage.
We invite speakers of all levels to submit their talk proposals and take the biggest stage in testing!
What Do I Need To Submit?
A clear title, a compelling abstract and 3 possible learnings that attendees will take from your talk – this is the main part of your submission. We’ll ask you to add in your contact details and tick some category boxes but your title, talk outline & key learnings are the key focus.
Topics for EuroSTAR 2024
Michael is calling for stories about testers’ experiences in testing work. At EuroSTAR 2024, we embrace diversity and value a wide range of perspectives. We’re most eager to hear stories about how you…
- learned about products
- recognised, investigated, and reported bugs
- analysed and investigated risk
- invented, developed, or applied tools
- developed and applied a new useful skill
- communicated with and reported to your clients
- established, explained, defended, or elevated the testing role
- Created or fostered testing or dev groups
- recruited and trained people
- made crucial mistakes and learned from them
Mark Your Calendar
Here are some essential dates to keep in mind:
- Call for Speakers Deadline: 17 September 2023
- Speaker Selection Notification: Late November 2023
- EuroSTAR Conference: 11-14 June 2024 in Sweden
If you’re feeling inspired, check out the full Call for Speakers details EuroSTAR attracts speakers from all over the world and we can get over 450 submissions. Each year, members of the EuroSTAR community give their time to assess each submission and their ratings help our Programme Committee select the most engaging and relevant talks. If you would like help writing a proposal see this handy submissions guide and you can reach out to us at any time.
EuroSTAR 2024 promises to be an extraordinary experience for both speakers and attendees. So, submit your talk proposal before 17 September 2023 and let’s come together in the beautiful city of Stockholm next June. Together we’ll make EuroSTAR 2024 an unforgettable celebration of software testing!